Asking for a prenuptial agreement may not be the most romantic conversation to have with your partner before getting married, but it is an important one. A prenuptial agreement, commonly referred to as a prenup, is a legal document that outlines how assets and debts will be divided in the event of a divorce.
While opinions on prenups vary, many celebrities and public figures have spoken out in favor of them. Here are some notable quotes on prenuptial agreements:
1. “I believe in prenups, always have. It`s a great tool to have just in case God forbid, something happens.” – Kim Kardashian
2. “I don`t think there should be any shame in [a prenup]. It`s a smart thing to do.” – Chrissy Teigen
3. “Everybody I know who has ever gone through a divorce or breakup, their first regret is always that they didn`t have a prenup.” – Bethenny Frankel
4. “I think prenups are a good idea. If you don`t get it in writing, it doesn`t exist.” – Lisa Vanderpump
5. “It`s not romantic, but it`s practical… I think people should do what they feel is right.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
6. “I think it`s a smart thing to do for everybody. I think that everybody should do it. I wish I did.” – Jessica Simpson
It`s important to note that a prenuptial agreement isn`t just for the wealthy or high-profile couples. Anyone can benefit from having a prenup, regardless of their income or assets.
If you`re considering a prenup, it`s important to have an open and honest conversation with your partner about it. It may not be the most comfortable conversation to have, but it can prevent future conflict and uncertainty in the event of a divorce.
In conclusion, while prenuptial agreements may not be the most romantic topic to discuss with your partner, they can provide peace of mind and prevent future legal disputes. As Bethenny Frankel said, “It`s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.”